Sunday, March 30, 2008

Interview with Stephanie Barmann


Author Pen Name: Stephanie Barmann

CA: What genre(s) do you write? Why do you write the stories that you write?

SB: General Romance, but I also tend to play around with other genres. I really love history and would love to write a non-fiction eventually.

CA: When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?

SB: I have always wanted to be a writer. It started in third grade when I was in a program called young authors. The teacher was Mrs. McMillan and she was great, she really influenced my passion for writing.

CA: Who or what was your inspiration for writing?

SB: I love Charles Dickens. I find after reading one of his books there are no questions at the end. I guess in a lot of ways I now try to do that myself. I read through my story and if I ask well what happened next, I know I'm not done.

CA: What is your work schedule like when you're writing?

SB: lol I have to break my writing up throughout the day since I am also a stay at home mom of five children. I tend to write the most at night after they are all in bed.

CA: I am a stay at home mom of one! How in the world do you handle 5 and write?!!

CA: Your book is about to be sent into the reader world, what is one word that describes how you feel?

SB: More excited than words could ever express.

CA: What do you like to do when you're not writing?

SB: Play with my children and genealogy. I think it is important to know where you come from.

CA: How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

SB: I have written many books, but "Bonded Souls" is by far my favorite. I absolutely fell in love with my characters and allowed them to tell me where the story was going. I cried and laughed right along with them, it was a very emotional story to write.

CA: Do you tend to base your characters on real people or are they totally from your imagination?

SB: I would say mostly imagined, with a little bit of inspiration from my friends and family.

CA: How can a reader contact you or purchase your books?

SB: freewebs.com/theremustbmore/

CA: Thanks so much for sharing a little bit of you with me and the readers this week Stephanie!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks girls for the interview! reall enjoy reading it! it so surpirsing that authors are , well to me they seem like rock stars, but they saeem like everday popl in their interviews

which i DO know they are but i still get a trill out of it!

Anonymous said...

Hi Stephanie how are you? I have heard some really good things about you, I just need to get one of your books! My TBR list is so long but I will defintly make room for you!

Anonymous said...

Hiya Ms. Blackroze, I can always count on you my dear! I totally agree that I thought they were so super celeb types but if you meet them in real life..they're just so normal!

Hi Reading...glad to see you here as usual too ;) I know what you mean about your To Be Read list..sheesh mine is miles long ;O)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Five kids? I have trouble finding time, with only two kids and a part time job.

From: tamara wilhite

Anonymous said...

Hi Tamara..what in the world have you been up to? Hiding I guess lol! Thanks for stopping in sweetie!