Sunday, March 2, 2008

Interview With Skhye Moncrief *** Contest***



*** Contest***CA: Skhye Moncrief is here with me this week. She is a fantastic author, I recently reviewed her novels He of the Fiery Sword and Sacrificial Hearts. They were both phenomenal! So she is here to showcase her books and a let you know a little about her. So come, make her feel welcome by leaving a comment or question. She is also offering a Celtic music album to someone that can answer this question: Who wrote the earliest reports of a wickerman being used by the Celts?
Make sure to leave your email address so that we can contact the winner.
Skhye or myself will choose a winner on Monday morning March 10. You will have 5 days to contact one of us or your prize will be forfeited and another name drawn.

CA: What genre(s) do you write? Why do you write the stories that you write?

SM: I write cross-genre paranormal and fantasy romance

CA: When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?

SM:I first decided writing was way too fun to stop around 2001. I've always enjoyed writing though. College just made me forget how fun story creation was.

CA: Who or what was your inspiration for writing?

SM: I don't really have anything that inspires me other than the challenge of building worlds. And I only consider myself a newbie in that department. I'm certain that type of inspiration is an outgrowth of my love for geology and archaeology. I've always been fascinated by the origins of just about anything and how they function. Ok, maybe not automobile motors...

CA: What is your work schedule like when you're writing?

SM: 24-7. Seriously, when I'm working on a project, I can't even remember to turn on the dishwasher.

CA: Your book is about to be sent into the reader world, what is one word that describes how you feel?

SM: Terrified.

CA: What do you like to do when you're not writing?

SM: When not writing, I eat, shop, read, and fantasize about being skinny.

CA: Skhye, I also fantasize about being skinny!

CA: How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

SM: Do I have to count them? Two are on the market. I have a few more coming soon. My favorite is FORBIDDEN ETERNITY because I have a crush on the hero, Cochise. No, he isn't the historical figure. He's a time guardian cadet. I hope he will be coming soon... soon. I'm part of a series about the Greek muses being released in Summer 2008 by The Wild Rose Press. Calliope is my muse errant. I had an exceptional time torturing my hero and heroine as they journey through the Greek underworld to find Gaia's pool.

CA: Do you tend to base your characters on real people or are they totally from your imagination?

SM: My characters often are based physically on real people. Sometimes, I use a historical person to model a hero or heroine after for authenticity in my time-travel series. It just stands to reason that a historical figure's personal journal has the best material for recreating a person of his/her day.

CA: How can a reader contact you or purchase your books?

SM: A reader can contact me at my website www.skhyemoncrief.com or www.timeguardians.com. My stories are available in e-format from www.thewildrosepress.com. The paperbacks will be available at www.borders.com when they are released. The Kindle versions are available at www.amazon.com.



18 comments:

Unknown said...

Best of luck with your books, Skhye. Looking forward to your series about the Greek muses!

Unknown said...

love the interview, im realyl looking forward to your books, it always nice to find new authors for myself

Anonymous said...

Hi Skhye, I had difficutly finding the answer to your question..I think it may be the DRUIDS...

Anonymous said...

Very curious about your books!

Ans

DawnsReadingNook said...

Great Interview Crystal. I enjoyed reading about your work Skye. :) Looking forward to the Greek Muses seres. Sounds like a load of fun.

Raine

Answer to contest: Romans and Druids
rainedelight@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the interveiw, Crystal. And Skhye Moncrief. What an intriguing name. Whether a pen name or real, that name alone will draw in readers.

Smiles,
Douglas Quinn
www.douglasquinn.com

Unknown said...

Hi Skhye,

Finally made it over here. Thanks for the link. Very nice interview. (Thanks, Crystal)

I'm enjoying Sacrificial Hearts. Hope to finish it this evening.

Best of Luck with your other stories. ;o)

Aithne
[AithneJarretta {at} gmail.com]
http://www.aithnejarretta.com
http://www.myspace.com/aithnejarretta
http://breaktimeromance.blogspot.com/
In a Heartbeat, Faery Rosette Available at The Wild Rose Press
~ Buy Here ~
&

http://www.myspace.com/black_bryan_chilkwell 

windycindy said...

Hi, Please enter me in your drawing. Skhye is fantastic! The Romans first wrote about the Druids and the Wicker Man. Thanks,Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

Unknown said...

Thank you for your books and I think it was julius ceasar that wrote about it in his journals

Unknown said...

oh and my e-mail is arafel1962@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Great interview Skhye - and your glowing covers are fantastic (literally of course). I'm rading He of the Fiery Sword and loving it.

All the best and wishing you much success
Your fellow TWRP author and sister muse,

Lyn

Anonymous said...

Great interview! I've read both of Skhye's books and eagerly await Calliope. Skhye has a way with writing romance with a twist.

Caesar first wrote about the Wicker Man when describing effigy burning during the Gallic Wars.

Sandie

Rashmi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rashmi said...

Google just informed me that it was Julius Caesar in Book Six of The Gallic War who first wrote about it.

Skye, I have a question for you. As a writer, do you have faves among your characters? If yes, then who's yours?

Best,
aBookworm
callmeabookworm at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

Wile other Roman writers of the time described human sacrifice among the Celts, there is no other evidence beyond JULIUS CAESAR's account of it in his writings.
Joy
JWIsley@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Hi, everyone! Thanks for the wonderful praise. I have been stretched a bit thin this week and just managed to get over here to read comments.

I'm going to answer abookworm's question. I do have favorites among my characters. Arthur in HE OF THE FIERY SWORD just blows me away. I can't read his opening without feeling deeply for him. The most valiant time guardian, Murdo McEwen, who has yet to be contracted... is always a keeper because he recites Scottish love poetry and wears a kilt! My absolute favorite time guardian hero is an ex-special-forces-Native-American-shaman-turned-time-travel-cadet, Cochise. I'm waiting anxiously to hear if he's going to be contracted. Both of these unpublished stories are in the submission process. I do sympathize with all of my characters though. It just looks like I have a thing for the heroes. LOL.

I have another time guardian tale, THE SPELL OF THE KILLING MOON, under contract with The Wild Rose Press. The heroine is a were-assassin out to kill the time guardian hero. One must die so the other can live...

I'll stop back by again to read comments. Thanks for having me, Crystal. Skhye

Anonymous said...

HOLY CRAP! I am a bad host! I have not been here as often as I should have..shame on me! Thanks to everyone that posted and good luck in Skhye's contest! I would love to have her celtic album..oh that is right I am the host I can't win LOL!
Hey Skhye, looks like you've got a pretty good turn out! Hugs, Crystal

Anonymous said...

Raine Delight, you won the Loreena McKennitt album. I'll contact you. Thanks for participating, everyone. ~Skhye