Sunday, March 2, 2008

Interview with Raine Delight

Hi, Raine! I wanted to thank you for being here with me this week. I found this cover on your website and I just love it!! So now everyone, I give you, Raine Delight!!


CA: What genre(s) do you write? Why do you write the stories that you write?


RD: I am currently writing Contemporary Paranormal but am also delving into romantic comedy, futuristic and fantasy. I love the paranormal/Fantasy genre as it lets me create places, people with unusual abilities and t let them entertain the reader.

CA: When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?

RD: I have been a huge reader all my life and wrote stories as well. After years of working at jobs I hated :) I finally found the one I was looking for when I opened that door wide enough and let the muse hit me. :)

CA: Who or what was your inspiration for writing?

RD: Hmmm I have to say in part it is Johnny Depp and my honey. Both deliver something to my m use that stimulates it and lets me create stories that will capture the imagination.

CA: He is my ummm..muse too LOL! Johnny not your honey!!

CA: What is your work schedule like when you're writing?

RD: I write by the seat of my pants really. I work part time outside the home, raise 2 kids ages 6 and 8 and have other kid activities that I have to deal with. I generally try to write in the afternoon when kids are at school if I am not working and sometimes a little at night if my muse decrees it enough. Nights I spend with my honey when he is home. Weekends I work so it is hard for me to write then.

CA: Your book is about to be sent into the reader world, what is one word that describes how you feel?

RD: Nervous! *smiles* I am always anxious when my "baby" goes out and pray the reader likes it!

CA:What do you like to do when you're not writing?

RD: I love to read for pleasure, watch movies, spend time with my kids and honey, hike if it is nice and warm.

CA: How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

RD: I wrote 4 books that were published and not one is a favorite. I just can not choose since all have a little piece of me in them. :)

CA: Do you tend to base your characters on real people or are they totally from your imagination?

RD: I try to base them on what I think they should be but of course they tend to get a little annoyed with me so I let them tell me what and who they are. I like seeing the layers that come in the characters as I write. :)

CA: How can a reader contact you or purchase your books?

RD: I love hearing from readers. They can reach me at the following places:
My Space:
www.myspace.com/raine_delight
Blog:
http://rainedelight.wordpress.com/
Newsletter:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/raindelightnewsletter
email:
http://us.f589.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?To=rainedelight@yahoo.com
Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/raine_delight

To check out my books, Aspen Mountain Press
http://www.aspenmountainpress.com/
The latest is called Babes in Toyland II and is a Christmas Anthology with several of AMP's finest authors. I also have a Valentine's Book coming in February. :)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

i like your name! i started to name 1 of my kids, rain
i am looking forward to reading your books, the interview was great, and i sent you a myspace

Anonymous said...

Would love to read something from you!

Ans

DawnsReadingNook said...

Thank you very much for the nice comments and THANK YOU to Crystal for this opportunity. :)

If you go to my blog, I post soem sneak peeks into my WIPS and from my new release, Devon Falls: Red Hot Magic. The cover is done by the talented Skyler Sinclair and I adore it. :)

Raine

Anonymous said...

Hi, Raine!

I know how you feel about trying to choose between your books to ID a favorite. It's tough to do so when you pull your hair out writing them. I love the title RED HOT MAGIC. You certainly have a great imagination. ~Skhye

Anonymous said...

HI Raine! I am so happy to have you with me this week! Skhye I also love the title Red Hot Magic! I am due to review one of her books and can't wait to see what it is like :)

Anonymous said...

How long does it take you to normally write your books?

DawnsReadingNook said...

Oh man thanks guys for the nice comments. oohh hyour reviewing one of my books Crystal???? *fans self in anticipation* Have to check out your review blog. :)

Thanks all for the kind comments and to answer some questions:

Linda: It depends on what I have on deadline. I wrote Sticky Magic in JUNE *smiles* in less than a week. Red Hot Magic took a month. :) It all depends as well on what is going on in my life as well. I have 2 kids and a honey so basically my writing revolves around their time schedule. :)

Thanks for asking.
Raine