Sunday, March 9, 2008

Interview with Marily Campiz



Author Pen Name: Marilyn Campiz

CA: Ah, another myspace friend! What would I do without the devil that is Myspace? Marilyn is such a loving person, she is an accomplished author, Mother, and was even in the Military. Right now I am envious of her spending time in Paris, having the time of her life I am sure! I have one of her books coming up to review and am excited to see her writing style. Oh, before I forget, Thank YOU Marilyn for being part of my feature this week! Enjoy Paris!


CA: What genre(s) do you write?

Marilyn: Why do you write the stories that you write?I write poetry, literature, eroticism.I feel there is a need to get away from being politically correct. Women have as much sexual desire and fantasy as men. I like to show the strength of women, and that we are not bound to the image of having to have a man in our life.

CA: When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?

Marilyn: On 25 November 1981, the day I started my first journal at the age of 14. I declared I would be a published writer.

CA: Who or what was your inspiration for writing?

Marilyn: My life was my inspiration for my writing.

CA: What is your work schedule like when you're writing?

Marilyn: I write everyday. I view writing as an essential activity in my life.

CA: Your book is about to be sent into the reader world, what is one word that describes how you feel?

Marilyn: Gratitude.

CA: What do you like to do when you're not writing?

Marilyn: I drink in life, to feed my creative spirit, even in an ordinary moment, in a café, or in a line for an item. I am always watching people. Are they impatient, in a hurry? What is the mood like? What clues about people do they reveal, when they are wearing a certain cut of clothing, or the handbag a woman carries, or the shoes a person wears…so many details about a person are advertised outwardly.

CA: How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

Marilyn: I have written two books, The Erotic Writings of Unobtainable and A Season of Want, and I am presently in Paris, France working on my third book, Comme Enflammeés (French, for many flames). I have to say I love all of my work for different reasons…each one is deeply personal. My first book was printed on 29 Oct 2007.

CA: Do you tend to base your characters on real people or are they totally from your imagination?

Marilyn: Real life is more interesting than fiction. Even with the best imagination, a reader always knows that it is just a story. With real life, well the work becomes a puzzle. You are drawn to want to discover the author.

CA: Do you have any advice for the aspiring writers out there?

Marilyn: I have already been asked for a lot of advice because many people think what I have done is impossible. There is really no advice to give because you have to see it from within. Thoughts become things, and as Henry Ford said, “Whether you think you can or you can’t, you are correct.”

CA: How can a reader contact you or purchase your books?

Marilyn: My second book is due to be released very soon from Triad Publishing Group, “A Season of Want”. What is exciting about this book is that everyone in my trusted circle of writer friends has been astounded with the work. Yvonne Mason called it, “Every woman’s fantasy”. It initially will be in hardcover and it will be available internationally on-line.My first work is available at every on-line retailer,
www.harvard.com, www.amazon.com, www.bamm.com, www.barnesandnoble.com ,” The Erotic Writings of Unobtainable” I have seen that internationally, this work has done very well under erotic poetry. I have seen it ranked number one in Canada, France, and the UK under that genre listing. Poetry is a tough market because a lot of readers don’t feel as drawn to poetry. I wanted to push to do something very different with each work I write because I love the idea of being a real freedom writer and inspiring others to do the same. This work is free verse format, and the joy I have seen in many readers faces is priceless. It is like seeing a slow seduction actually happening before my eyes. I was very inspired by my romantic life and put together a body of work that was designed to touch a reader and I am pleased to say men and women both are attracted to this work. It is very real, from the picture of my tattoo, to the picture my son took of me for my author’s photo. I wouldn’t have it any other way.

CA: Is there anything you would like to add?

Marilyn: I am a writer that writes for the reader and for me, and I view literature as an important part of discovery, the sharing of life experience. I feel incredibly honored and blessed to have had the courage to write in a way that a person thinks, and feels. To share things that people do not say. I have met many people that already are stunned and enjoy my work. People actually do seek me out and tell me how much they admire what I have done. Each work is an evolution and for those who follow what I am doing, all I can say, is it going to be an incredible ride. Hang on, for when you think I won’t be able to shock you further, well, just wait…you are going to love it!

Webpages:
www.myspace.com/milgalusaf www.authorsden.com/marilyncampiz
http://daily.chictoday.com/category/journals/erotic-confessions

7 comments:

Unknown said...

awful young to decide to become a writer., but my youngest, she is 11, she been wnating to write for yrs, she writes shprt storys, like all togther is a page but i keep encouagring her, no matter waht, since she has a good imagantion

Anonymous said...

I love the interview!!!! I haven't read any of your work but i will for sure go and get one soon! Thanks!!!

Anonymous said...

HI Blackroze and Sarah!! Great to see both of you lovelies!
Sarah, I am about to read Unobtanable..the cover art is nice and am really looking forward to it! I think you can get one from amazon.com and if our Walden Books doesn't have it in the store they'll order it for you. LOL you know how exciting Ashland is...so we must read :)

Anonymous said...

Marilyn,when you were in the military did you write?

Anonymous said...

Marily I loved reading about you! Triad is the best publishing group! Have to plug my publisher ;) I love how you gather your inspiration and that you write for and about women who are strong and sexual. I can't wait until your new book comes out. I also adore your picture by the fountain - it is beautiful!

I wish you much success!

Anonymous said...

When I first read Marylin's manuscript "A Season of Want" I could see the book like a movie. For hundreds of years men have been able to fantasize and pretend. Now we have a book and an author who makes every woman's fantasy come to life. Marlylin's words flow like a clear cool stream. She brings to life her character's dreams and fantisies in technicolor. I recommnend this author highly.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Crystal for a wonderful interview. Now to respond to all of the comments.

Blackroze37 - Always encourage your daughter to dream big.

Sarah Scott - Thank you, I write for the reader and I know you will enjoy my work

Crystal - I hope the adventures in motherhood are something you will always treasure. The most important role a woman plays in a lifetime! What you do for authors is also incredible. Thank you.

Readingisfun - My writing in the Air Force was technical, and I wrote a few articles for base papers...regulations, policies, memorandums, evaluations, awards, decorations, and promotion recommendations...daily technical writing...but ah...my private writings and academia is where I drew my joy from.

Ravenn - Thank You!

Yvonne - Well...I adore you...thank you so much for your kind words...always! Approaching 170 pages on my next book...

Much love to all...
Marilyn Campiz