Monday, July 7, 2008

Interview with SL Danielson


Author Pen Name: SL Danielson

CA: What genre(s) do you write? Why do you write the stories that you write?

SLD: I write primarily gay fiction; but would also like to enter the realm of non-fiction. As for a reason as to why I write what I do, there are several. First, it's my way of exploring that sect of society from a new perspective. Second, it is my way of showing support for the LGBT community.

CA: When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?

SLD: I think I first began writing at 7 years old, as part of a larger routine. As I grew older, I began writing more and more. At 12, I knew it was what I wanted to be.

CA: Who or what was your inspiration for writing?

SLD: Other stories I've read, soap operas, cartoon shows. Anything that showed a story drew my attention. I began developing my own characters and it flourished from there.

CA: What is your work schedule like when you're writing?

SLD: Very sporadic. I will get in "the zone" and physically write out several pages. I then get to the computer and transcribe all of what I've just written, and add to it. I will then leave it be until inspiration strikes me again.

CA: Your book is about to be sent into the reader world, what is one word that describes how you feel?

SLD: Excited!

CA: What do you like to do when you're not writing?

SLD: Play computer games, bike, hike, spend time with my husband, family, cats.

CA: How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

SLD: Two so far; but they are one in the same. My favorite is the 2nd one, because I slowed down and took much more time with it by expanding on the first book.

CA: Do you tend to base your characters on real people or are they totally from your imagination?

SLD: Some are composites of either my own persona, or from people I've met. Others are completely my imagination at play.

CA: How can a reader contact you or purchase your books?

SLD: I have self-published via Lulu.com. I have a listing there. I also have a website I run: www.sldanielson.com. I can also be found on myspace at: www.myspace.com/luvwriting

SLD: Thank you, Crystal!

CA: Thank you SL for being here this week!! I hope you enjoy the blog (smiles)

6 comments:

Zulmara said...

wow...gay fiction...sounds like a genre worth exploring...I just love how so many writers knew they wanted to be writers when they were around 7 years old...

how cool is that...

ADELANTE!!!

Zulmara

Unknown said...

i like the interview, its nice to see a differnt type genre books!

Estella said...

Have not read much gay fiction, but am willing to give it a try.

Anonymous said...

HOW INTERESTING... GAY FICTION... IT WILL BE INTERESTING TO READ...
Kathy

LadyVampire2u said...

I've read a few books of this genre and found them very well written. Authors like yourself who write about the alternate lifestyles really take it seriously and do a great job at bringing this more secretive romance genre into the light.

Anonymous said...

Writing is a craft that takes much more time than most realize and is much harder if you have to work it around around a full life-style or full time job. As a reader I so truly appreciate those who manage to create the worlds we can escape to and enjoy,but those who write the gay fiction have taken a stand for a group of people who in real life are much maligned,ill treated and given less voice than even we women are. So special thanks to you guys for spreading the love and romance of this community.