Sunday, February 17, 2008

Interview with Amanda Ashley


Those of you that know me, know that I have an obsession with vampires. Well Ms. Amanda Ashley has been gracing my bookshelf for years because I love her romantic paranormals. Her vampire novels are always tastefully written and packed with all I could ever ask for. So it is a great joy and honor to have her here with me this week. I suggest if you’ve never read one of Amanda Ashley’s novels…then go pick up them all right now! You have no idea what you’re missing.

*Mandy, Thank you so much for visiting with me this week, I can not express my gratitude enough* *If you would like to read the review I have recently posted for Ms. Ashley then just go to http://bookreviewsbycrystal.blogspot.com/2008/01/dead-perfect-by-amanda-ashley-print.html


CA: What genre(s) do you write? Why do you write the stories that you write?

AA: I used to write historical romances as Madeline Baker, but now I write paranormal romances as Amanda Ashley.

CA: When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?

AA: I guess the night I sat down and started my first book. Up until then, writing had never entered my mind. It wasn’t something I’d always wanted to do, although writing always came easy to me. I was the editor for our church newsletter for several years, and I wrote a lot of poetry.

CA: Who or what was your inspiration for writing?

AA: I suppose all the romance novels I had read.

CA: What is your work schedule like when you're writing?

AA: I don’t really have a schedule. I write on and off all day and most of the night.

CA: Your book is about to be sent into the reader world, what is one word that describes how you feel?

AA: Nervous!!!!!

CA: What do you like to do when you're not writing?

AA: Play with my webpage, go for walks, go to the movies, spend time with my family, shop, and take long bubble baths with a good book.

CA: How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

AA: I’ve written 24 historical romances, 4 Silhouette romances, 9 short stories
16 paranormal romances, 7 time travels, and 3 fantasy romances
As for a favorite….I guess I’d have to say Night’s Illusion, which will be published next year, although I’m still partial to my first vampire book,
EMBRACE THE NIGHT, and my first historical RECKLESS HEART.

CA: Do you tend to base your characters on real people or are they totally from your imagination?

AA: No, they’re all from my imagination.

CA: How can a reader contact you or purchase your books?

AA: My email is
DarkWritr@aol.com. My website is www.madelinebaker.net
You can buy my books in stores, or order them from my publishers’ websites:
Leisure books:
http://www.dorchesterpub.com/
Zebra books http://www.kensingtonbooks.com/catalog.cfm
I also have ebooks available at www.belgravehouse.com

I run a contest on my website every month. Please see the contest page for details at
www.madelinebaker.net

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amanda, you are a woman after my own heart. There is nothing more romantic than a vampire. It was fascinating to read your interview. I fell in love with vampires when I was little and my obsession continues to grow to this day.

How would you describe the vampires in your books? Are they all the tall dark mysterious romantic types? Also, what time period do you use for your novels?

Good luck with your new book! I wish you much success!

Sean said...

I love vampires and I plan to add Amanda to my "To Read" list. Thanks for the great interview!

Anonymous said...

HI Amanda,

I love your vampire books. I look forward to more from you!

Dawn
LR Cafe

Anonymous said...

So many books already, how great. I'll have to check out in the library if there are any translated into Dutch (or if they're available in English, LOL)
Loved to read the interview.

Take care
Ans

Jennifer Linforth said...

Mandy,

As always it is great to hear of your success. All those books make a new author like me dream big!

Much success and thanks for the friendship.

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Thank you everyone that commented! Amanda Ashley is an awesome author!

Charles Copeland said...

I almost couldn't remember how to comment! ;)

Until I saw at the bottom, where it says POST COMMENT. LOL!

Anyhow, my wife writes historical romance, so I'll send her Amanda's way. And the fact that it involves vampires is all the incentive she'll need to grab her interest.

Best of luck, Amanda!

Charlie

Charles Copeland said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Sorry charlie it double posted so I deleted the second one ;) I can always count on you to help me out! And yes once Rayven picks up her first Amanda Ashley novel she'll be hooked..ye be warned :) Oh and I love historicals *wink wink* Hugs and thank you so much! Crystal

Anonymous said...

I love the interview with Amanda Ashley. She sounds like a wonderful author. I wish I could pick a few of her books up . I will some day. I love historical romances and even though I'm not big on vampires I love paranormal elements too. Good luck with your next book Amanda.

Anonymous said...

Great interview, very interesting. I have not read to many western novels, but I did enjoy the ones that I read. You have a lot of life experiance to add to your stories. Keep up the good work. GO COLTS!!!

Anonymous said...

Bobby, I enjoyed reading the interview this afternoon. Being a fellow Okie oil field brat, and cowboy I very much enjoyed both of the books as well. I will be looking forward to reading the next one as well. Roy "The Old Cowboy" Coffman from Facebook.

Unknown said...

nice blog..
Best Indian Authors

Unknown said...

best author..Best Female Indian Authors